Argumentative Essay Topics: Top 22 Controversial Questions
When you are assigned to write an argumentative essay, it is important that when searching for topic ideas, you only settle for the ones that would make good debate topics. When you choose a good and controversial topic, it would have an impact on your target readers and make them have diverse opinions on the issue at stake. When you are able to arouse mixed reactions from various persons over a particular issue, then you must have succeeded in choosing a controversial argumentative topic. In order to help you with the first phase of the research process, here are the top 22 controversial questions that would make great argumentative essay topics. They are:
- The global climate change – Is it really man-made?
- Death penalty – How effective is it?
- Teens behaviour – Is it better or worse than it used to be?
- Do lottery encourage gambling?
- Do college standardized tests put too much pressure on students?
- What makes an election process free and fair?
- How can parents protect their children from internet predators?
- Can curfews keep teenagers out of trouble?
- The taxation system – Is it fair to the citizens?
- Do test scores determine a student’s academic capabilities?
- Security cameras – Do they invade our privacy?
- Should smoking be completely banned?
- The use of computers – Are becoming more dependent on them?
- Access to contraceptives – Is it making teenagers highly immoral?
- Is sex education for teenagers right or wrong?
- In what ways do video games contribute to violent behavioural issues?
- Should the use of mobile devices be banned in high schools?
- Beauty pageants – How exploitative and immoral are they?
- Single sex schools – How beneficial are they?
- What is the right age for dating?
- What is the right age for teenagers to make most of their own decisions?
- Legal alcoholic drinking age – Should it be decreased?
These are some of the topics that are sure to make great argumentative essay topics. This is mainly because most of them are based on issues that have created a huge concern, not just to parents but the society in general. From the issue of drinking age to sexual exploitations and educational systems, there are lots of issues that are waiting to be debated on and properly addressed. This can conveniently be done through your academic paper and for this reason, you should put in your best effort, both in research and in writing.
Need help with essay? Follow this website: My Essay Writer to get your essay written by professional essay writer.